What is Logged?
Standard http-error, and http-access logging is done. Logs will be provided to the authorities if requested
Why are some previews missing?
Can one Search for Images?
No. This service is not a public directory, and as such all files which reside in the data folder can only be accessed by knowing the correct filename.
Are images censored?
No, images are neither censored nor reviewed. We kindly request that people do not upload images which may be offensive to the target audience.
Where do I report abusive images?
As stated in the disclaimer below, we cannot be held responsible for the actions of its users. If you have come across an image which you find abusive, then you could only have received it on one of two ways:
- From the poster directly, in which case your report should go to his or her ISP.
- From a forum blog or similar, in which case the report should go to the administrators of said forum or blog
We are not here to police the Internet, nor are we here to filter or censor images. Sufficient care has been taken to ensure that no virusses can be posted on either of our sites, but always take care when opening links from strangers.
Why are the filenames prepended with a hexadecimal value?
There are several reasons for this:
- To ensure that filenames do not conflict. If users A and B both upload a file named 01.jpg, one may have overwritten another
- To ensure that hackers cannot overwrite "common named files" with virusses
- To prevent misuse of this service. We are not here to host website images. If the filenames remained static, then there would be nothing stopping somebody from using a script to upload the same file continuously so that it worked from their website.
I uploaded an image by accident! How do I delete it?
We do not provide deletion links. If you have uploaded an image by accident, simply do not give the link out to anybody. The image will be automatically deleted once it has lived on the server for 24 hours.
TempPic is a free and easy service designed to allow people over the Internet to share images with each other when other forms of technology are unsuitable or unfavourable. Automated image scripts, bots or otherwise is prohibited. Abuse of this service will result in your IP, or even your ISP being blocked for an indefinite period of time.
Due to the nature of this service, the site owner holds no responsibility for the actions of its users, or the potential abuse thereof. The contents of the servers are not backed up, and therefore this site holds no guarantee of service, and will not be held liable for any loss of content.